I upgraded to a TD05 turbo recently and as such had to do some rerouting. Now the set up I had before had the oil return location on the sump moved to a new spot an so it couldnt work with my current set up. I then decided to change the sump as I had an extra one from a eninge I had a while back. Now on my first attempt I spent most of my Saturday install the new sump and when I was complete thought it was smooth sailing only to realize there was a small leak.
Now on attempt two I used a different Silcone to seal it as a friend pointed out that the silicone I had used first was no good. Now I re attempted the procedure again and only to find that it was done with the same result.
After some consultation it was pointed out that when you have sumps laying around from other engines you have to bend the lip of it abit to ensure a proper seal. No I am going to attempt to do the procedure again this weekend and hope that this will be my final time.