Well it has been a long journey I must say but one that has tought me alot.I have finally managed to install the new engine and fired it up. At first there was some problems causing it not to start but sorted them out and it seems to be good now. There are still some minor adjustments to be mad but all in due time.
Want to say thanks to all those who helped and supported along the way. Was hoping to have been ready for the last dover of the year but that didnt happen none the less Im still looking at the future and what it hold.
I must apologize for the absence of pictures but I did alot of the work alone and most time who ever was there was helping and didnt have time to take pics.
Well the search for a new engine was alot harder than I thought. The E -series of engine seem to be rather rare and when not rare rather pricey. Now my intial search began for a 4efte , however after hearing the prices I had to rethink my decision as funding was not substantial enough to reach the limits being asked. Taking all of this into consideration I opted to go the 5e route once more. At the beginning of my search heard some real ridiculous prices especially in Kingston but as the shopping around continued I realized that there were a few places that were selling them at a reasonable price the problem was that as soon as they got stock is as soon as they we sold. Lucky for me I had called an auto place that had one reasonably priced and though it was a distance from me,given the challenges in finding one I decided to make the trip. I bearly made it to the place before closing time but made it none the less.
Now the hard part begins stripping it of what I dont need and reinstalling the parts i had on the old engine. STAY TUNED
About the Author
I am a Starlet enthusiast who has been previlaged to own 4 starlets to date and have picked up a few things about these little vehicles. There is always more to learn and im always willing to share info and thats what my aim is with this site.