So I was able to secure the needed brackets that were needed to wrap up my swap with the help of my brother and a friend.
The automatic transmission mount does not work with the bracket because the holes in the mount and the bracket does not line up. I had to order a manual transmission mount an it bolted right in.
I then bled the clutch and made sure that the slave cylinder was working properly and that both master and slave cylinder were not leaking or anything.
Also I was able to figure out which wires on the engine harness to bridge so as to trick the ecu that the car is in neutral or park thus enabling it to start. You can check them out in the pics below.
So I am yet to fully drive the car on the road as I have a few other little things I have to tidy up but I did move it around on the drive way and no leaks or spills or noise so that is a good start.
So I a have begun the process of making the manual swap in my car. It was pretty much straight forward and most of the info on how to do the swap can be found here .
The only two issues that I ran into were that during my research I overlooked the fact that the bracket that bolts the transmission mount to the gearbox is different from the one that bolts to the auto transmission. The auto one sits higher while the manual one sits a little bit lower.
The other issue I ran into was that the gearbox I purchased did not come with the little bracket that holds the two shifter cables in place.
I'm working on getting both those brackets but everything else went pretty smoothly especially getting the gearbox in which I know can be a pain but it wasn't this time around.
Here are few pictures I was able to snap during the process.
About the Author
I am a Starlet enthusiast who has been previlaged to own 4 starlets to date and have picked up a few things about these little vehicles. There is always more to learn and im always willing to share info and thats what my aim is with this site.